Saturday, April 30, 2011

Some Thoughts

The last couple weeks I have not wanted to do anything. It seems this week may still be a downer. I did not do much this week. I managed to get my trash changed, but I have yet to put away laundry, so I'm still using towels out of a basket and my dirty clothes are in a pile on my closet floor. I am usually a neat person, so I did do some straightening today, but it was more like the trash goes in the can and the books piles were made straighter. I spent a good portion of today in bed reading and started/finished an entire book. I have not slept well the last week or so and I know I need to be stricter on myself, at least until I feel better again.

I managed to go through some of my animal books and get rid of ones I don't want (including four on how to raise guinea pigs...because I'm going to have them again. My allergies think not). My "biggest" project was my Jane Austen books. They take up three shelves, needing a fourth as I have ones I'm ready to read on another shelf and one in my purse. I have them separated by ones I've read, ones that are offshoots or rewrites of her books, then ones that are offshoots that are a couple generations off, then ones that are modern ones where the people are trying using Jane Austen to find their place in life. As I read those, they will be moved to the front shelf. I organized these because they are what I am most into reading at the moment and if I could, I'd sit there and read them all, one right after the other. I've even started a list in my head of ones I need (including 3 I saw at Target last night and 3 ahead of the book 4 I've got). This collection will definitely grow. I've finally found a niche of writing style I enjoy reading most that isn't true crime.

I started another list of things to get done this week, though I'm not so sure it will get done. What matters is that things are written and when I do have the energy to do them, I won't have forgotten them. All the while I beat myself up for not getting anything done. I get a lot done when I have the energy and drive. I deserve down time. It is that I don't do in the way I think it should be done, such as do things for an hour or a day, then take the next few hours or a day off. Instead, I go by weeks. I do a lot for a week or two then spend the next two to three weeks barely keeping things done, though I usually manage to keep things fairly straightened on (except this past week). I need to learn to let go and accept that is the way I accomplish things.

I am looking forward to taking a vacation, even a day or two attached to my weekend. The next holiday does not come until the end of May, so I will trudge through until then. Maybe I'll do more book organizing tomorrow. I hope my sister helps, I do need another set of eyes to help the arranging. And it's one thing I can do sitting down.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand, I can go through a few weeks of really achieving loads and then go through a few weeks where I really don't feel like doing anything even though there are things to be done... Nowadays I embrace the non-activeness as and when it comes along... :-)

    ReplyDelete