Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Two Months Pass...

Wow. I did not realize it has been two months since I've written. Let us catch up, shall we? The biggest even in July was on the 3rd when the family dog turned 15. We're going to have quite the t0-do if she reaches 17, let me warn you know.

August 5th I had surgery to remove an ovarian cyst--and subsequently, scar tissue that had stuck both my ovaries to my uterus. Thank you, endometryosis. I am still recovering from that. The scars are healing and it will still be a while before they are just that-scars. I have yet to get the actual bills from that, which is scary because I've already started seeing what my insurance has paid.

Yesterday I took me 1999 Dodge Dakota Club Cab to the local repair shop to find out what's bothering it. Turns out it's a whole slew of problems on parts I've never heard of. I bought it second hand and have only had it 3 1/2 years. It should not be breaking down that early! Not to mention, it would take more to fix it than it is worth--and I still owe on the stupid thing. I hate it. I wish I'd never gotten it. I want it to go away.

I know what I want. The Element or Cube is more my type, but I'm foregoing any other car maker but Toyota. My mom bought a 1996 Toyota Avalon that has not had near the problems my truck has, and it's been over 10 years since its purchase. So my next car with be a Toyota. I wish I could afford an Avalon, but even used ones are beyond my means. So I may go for a Camery. But if I see an Avalon, I may be tempted. All I will have is my truck for trade-in, so there is no telling what I will have to settle for. I have threatened to get a bike. $200 will get me a really nice one and I won't have to fill up a tank.

I have certain requirements for this new-used car I am wanting. It has to be a four door. It has to be automatic. It has to be higher up off the ground. And I'd prefer it to be a shorter car, rather than longer, because after the car accident that totalled my beloved 1989 Mercury Sable, I've become such a paranoid driver that I would stop driving if I could. I have said I want a Geo Tracker. Those close to me know that is what I am looking at. But that was when I thought my truck was going to be dependable and Dawn would be driving it.

This has been a lot to take in. I have no idea how to process it. It has been hard to even admit I'd rather let the stupid thing go then fix it up because I can see this happening again. But what to do in the meantime while I don't have a car? I'm serious about the bike. I live close enough. I'm still processing things, though. Like how am I going to find the money for a "new" car when I'm about to be bombarded with hospital bills. I was just getting my credit cards under control (which I want to be completely paid off by my 30th birthday).

And I've been feeling more wiped out more than ever. I think I should get tested for sleep apnea, but I can't afford that at the moment. All my depression and lack of energy (my mother has more energy than I do most days) can possibly be caused by sleep apnea. Maybe I should try one of those funny chin strap thingies. It'd cost just as much as the inital doctor visit.

Anyway. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I could kick that ol' truck in the butt. When it went down, it went down hard. We'll see what Unk says about repairing it on Saturday.

    This has been an overwhelming last few days and we have a lot to do now.

    ReplyDelete