Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Baby, It's 3am, I Must Be Lonely"

What do you do after midnight? Usually I'm just getting off work. Then I snuggle in my bed and play on the internet for three or four hours before I tucker out. Lately, I've been doing well at getting myself up by 11am and lights out by 2am. Tonight, I stayed up late. Instead of snuggling in my warm bed, i decided to do some "gardening".

Me, garden? I know, right? It's more like yanking up all the spider plants and putting all the lava rocks in boxes to be hauled away (oh, the things you finally get to do after 12 years). Yes, I spent approximately two and a half hours doing just that. In the dark. By the light of these little lamp things. I thought the salamanders were cute, especially the six inch one. I thought it was funny when the spiders ran and didn't know where to hide. But the two potato bugs so creeped me out. Even though I had gloves on, I would not pick those up by hand (I used a shovel and stuck them in my bag). *shudders*

It was nice outside to do this. I just wore a tank top, jeans, and my crocs. I worked up a sweat and got dirt everywhere. A nice shower remedied this. Then afterward, I had a new experience. I shaved my dog's armpit. You heard me right. We're getting our house painted (thus the reason for pulling up the plants and getting them out of the way for the painters...though we wanted to do that for a while now) and somehow my loverly little lady got paint under her arm. No idea how. It didn't all come off and in order to get it off her skin, I had to shave her underarm to be able to scrub it off. She didn't like it, but she didn't pee on me (huge thing for a submissive pee-er. Yes, she got a treat).

I rewarded myself with a baked potato slathered in sour cream and butter, a big glass of tea, and the rest of the yams. Yum! I can't sleep if my belly is growling. So now it is full, and I'm finally feeling sleepy (apparently I got pumped doing yard work). I may be sore in the morning, but I enjoyed myself immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment