Monday, March 23, 2009

Two posts in one day!

Okay, so now that I've made one post, my mind is reeling of things I should have said in the first post. Though not much time has lapsed, I did manage to get one craft-wannabe in. I bought make-it-yourself ornaments where you press your pooch's paw into the wet plaster to forever show how much you love them and the horrors you made them put up with. Poor Clover Grace had to do it like ten times with both her front paws until I was happy (or gave up). The plaster insisted I put in way too much water (1/4 cup), so the second one I did for my baby boy's paw I left some water out and it only took three tries (mainly cause he kept trying to take his foot back). As I walked away I could just see the water creeping into the crisp imprint, smoothing the edges and hiding the little fur marks I dearly love.

Enough of that. Let us discuss my lovely boy. Who up until I officially adopted was called Artie, Mister, or Buddy. I let everyone know I officially changed his name to Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Has anyone but me called him that? No. Dawn thinks he's exactly like Mr. Bingley from the three hour long Pride and Prejudice movie. I, on the other hand, do not see the exact likeness she does. I am thinking I may have to make him a "Hello! My name is..." shirt to show that his name is Gibbs now. Or whichever of his full name they would like to call him. No one ever liked Artie. Buddy is too generic for me. And Mister is not a name. He is my dog. I named him. Please respect that.

Tomorrow is a signing for four San Jose Sharks players: Lemieux, Nabokov, Ehrhoff, and Mitchell (yeah, I was like who? on that last one, too...but he's number 17, my favorite number!). I want each of my bobble heads signed by the players, in person. I am excited because I will be getting Ehrhoff signed tomorrow. I'm sad that we bought Pavelski after we met him, but hopefully there will be another time. And I wish to get Nabokov's bobble head signed, but Dawn and Dad want him to sign their jerseys (and she paid for it so I can't say anything).

I was thinking about not going because Mom has to work. Dawn has got two of them in for a Q&A sesh with Roenick, but there is a possibility that they may not let any of the guests in. (Tickets were for one person and a guest, who can only stand by and take photos). If Mom is not going, I don't want to be left to my own devices during the Q&A. I would go mad and I definitely wouldn't sit in the car in the dark for however many hours. Dad is sick, though, and even called in sick to work. I'm hoping he'll be up for the signing by the time he has to leave for San Jose at 5pm tomorrow. He's been so excited about it all week.

I'm so addicted to the Gangster Battle application on Facebook. I love it. and there's a Mobster game a couple friends are trying to get me to play. But I need to grow my family first and can't figure out how to do it. I only know to get friends to accept, none of which are. Except Dawn, cause she's cool. I should get mom too. I just need the body count to complete some of the missions at this point.

It's late (early?) so I guess I should go try and get some sleep (ha!).
Cheerio!

1 comment:

  1. I love how the plaster pawprints turned out. Did they come with frames or just tins? It would be really need to do a shadowbox with them.

    At this point the name change is not out of lack of respect for you--can't you see where we're coming from? He answers to Buddy and it's difficult to catch his attention if he's not going to answer to another name. It's also habit. I'm used to saying, "Hey, BuddyBoy!"

    I'm sorry the signing might not work out tonight. I'm about to text Mom and see how things are going, how Dad's feeling.

    ReplyDelete