After I went to sleep last night, I woke up again three hours later, just as scared as I was the first time. The difference was it was already light outside, so it helped me fall back asleep again. I woke up totally out of it. I was on the verge of tears and totally anxious. I definitely was not feeling like myself. So I started slowly.I chose the easiest thing to do, which was to pot some plants in the few planters I had (I even found a little bunny planter sitting off to the side of the little house). The bigger spider plants I wanted to use had root systems that took up the entire old pot, so I could not separate them. I took off some babies from a plant. I admit, I was picky. I wanted the striped spider plants, not the solid green ones. So that limited me. I also repotted some kind of succulent. The result? Five cute planters. I know one of them is not an animal, but it is a very pretty dark blue color.
Then I moved on. I bathed Gibbs. With a hose. Dad washed his car, so I had Dawn bring me the shampoo. She also brought me a leash, which I clipped to Gibbs' collar and stepped on so he could run once I started hosing him down. I'm telling you, to bathe him outside rather than in the tub was so much easier, and less strain on me physically. I dried him off then locked him the house until the water on the ground disappeared and he dried a little bit. He's all nice and fluffy now. Thistle is the only one left, and Mom said she'd wash her in the sink.
After I changed into dry clothes, Dad gave me a drill with an attachment so I could drill holes in the side of the trashcan for the dog composter. Then I filled a bucket with lava rocks, grabbed the shovel, and went into the backyard to dig a hole. And I dug.See? Random holes in the garbage can and the start of the hole I dug. I drank a huge glass of tea and two bottle of water while digging. If I had not done it today, then I could not get to it until this weekend since my antibiotics won't let me be in direct sunlight. So i dug. And before I knew it, the hole was half dug and I really felt like I could finish it. And I did, only falling into it once. And I got in once to try and straighten the trash can out, but could not. The hole came up to my waist.
I dumped in only one bucket of lava rocks. And now it is done. Dawn is impressed, Mom is impressed, and I don't think Dad actually thought I was going to complete it. All I need to do is get the septic starter to sprinkle on it. The lid does not quite fit on it, but it is still okay. So yeah, that's lava rocks in the bottom, not dirt. And not too much dirt fell in through the holes. I am glad it was done. And it was a little easier than I thought it was. I mean, I don't dig holes every day.After, I stuck socks on my feet so I could change my sheets without getting my dirty feet all over them. My mattress is on the ground, so I step all over my bed when making it. Thus the socks. I lurve my bed.
And I'm posting a photo cause it is that awesome. That is my awesome comforter that I made and my matching pillows, which I crocheted. And I get to crawl into it with all my puppers and be all comfy and sleep. It is on the floor, but it's still comfy.Cross off: Project Three. So, I'm still kinda happy I knocked one of my projects off the list. That leaves five projects left. I know I can't do the display cabinets myself and don't know when I'll get to that. But it's a start and it's done. It's complete. Um...I do need to order the toilet lid. I know it's basic, but I did not sweep. I need to move the lava rocks. I'll have about seven bucket fulls, and I have no idea what to do with them yet.
Anyway, hopefully I will sleep tonight. And maybe I'll get to my t-shirt weekends.
You were amazingly productive this day!! I was truly impressed. You just kept going!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your plants ended up dying. I'll take you plant shopping after it cools down and we know they won't burn.
I was impressed at how quickly you washed Gibbs! Made me consider throwing poor Winnie under a hose next time. I know that's how they did it 'back in the day,' but sometimes it's just too darned cold to put them through that!
That garbage can impressed me mightly!! That was a huge, deep hole you had to dig. P.S. Daddy caught Gibbs peeing on the closed lid this afternoon.
Don't you impress yourself every time you look at your bed? When I finally get the umph to make something, and it's something I like using or looking at or wearing, I always feel impressed.
P.S. Give the lavarocks away on Craigslist or Freecycle!! Tell them "There's __ buckets, you haul." (We'll see if we can find buckets or something to put them in.)