I know it's been over a week since I've updated, so bare with me. This will probably be all over the place. My check cashed on Tuesday, so I am eagerly awaiting my pink slip for my truck. It feels good to have paid something off in full (I was so close to doing that with my hospital ER bill, then they added my surgery bill to it. Talk about bursting my bubble). I have been having some major tooth aches on the left side of my mouth. I don't know if it's the upper or lower teeth, or God forbid, both. I am going to call Monday to make an appointment. It's kept me up the last two nights. I don't know why it starts hurting at night, but I am fine all day until ten pm or so then it gets bad.
Wednesday was an awesome day. My mom and I went to Monterey for an errand then worked our way back through Seaside and Marina stopping at second hand shops on the way. None were worth doing that on a regular basis (unlike the ones here, which just are filled with all kinds of goodies), but we did pick up a couple things at each place that made it worth it. Like I found one of those rotating supply carousals for your desk for only $2.50, with an original price of $50 at pottery barn (or $100 off sale at Micheal's). Can't beat that.
The best part of the day was when we stopped at the art supply store in Seaside. We'd always driven past it, but never went in. Oh. My. Goodness. Talk about heaven! The different sized canvases made me swoon. I got a bunch of smaller ones. The prices on them are good, too. They have the paint I use and it does cost more there than at Micheal's, but they have a better variety. I wanted to paint so badly, but instead I spent Thursday organizing my stuff.
Then today, since I didn't have to go to work until 8pm, I went to Fashion Bug with my sister since she needed new pants. I honestly only expected to pick up a couple pairs for her, but we hit like the mother load of sales. Their dress pants ran a bit small, so I had to go up over a size, but I don't care because I love how they look (and I still fit in the size I am now, no matter how horrid it looked). I have refused to buy dress pants because they're so expensive. I have three pairs of the same kind from Torrid that I got on sale around three years ago for $10 on clearance on their website. They've done so well and I was waiting until a deal like that came around. And come around it did!
I was so overwhelmed with the pant selection, I couldn't even absorb what I was looking at when it came to the shirts. There were so many different styles from $9.99 to $14.99 that I almost couldn't believe it. I was so disappointed when they didn't have my size in some of them, that when I realized I looked better two sizes up where they had them, I felt like a kid in a candy store! I literally got 7 different styles/colors of pants. I ended up buying 8 pairs (I got two pairs of plain black pants, because I do wear black a lot). I'm so excited to wear them all!
And did I mention they were 20% off on TOP of the sale prices? I even told my co workers I was so excited! (and one actually wrote the information down because she wants to go!). I'm excited because being picky paid off. I looked at pants at Torrid in store, but they wanted $40 for one pair of dress pants. I got four for that price! Of course I'll still be getting my shirts there, but I don't think I'll be buying dress pants for another three years *does the happy dance*.
Then we went laptop shopping for my mom and sister. I've got my mini one, so I don't need a laptop (but it's definitely awesome to shop around for big ones), and I'd prefer a desk top, but it was also nice to check out the video cameras. There are a couple I have my eye on, and one is on sale for just over $200. I really have to do my research to see if it's worth it and to prove to myself that I'm not just attracted to the fact it's black sparkles...
Not only have I been neglecting my blog, I've been neglecting YouTube. I finally posted a video that I did in like five takes last night, just to encourage my sister to post and to get over her red eye. People like to see her talk, not her eye! :P
I'm so cheap...We went to a Sharks game last Saturday and my dad had a coworker playing in a charity gave afterward. My mom and I gathered the souvenir glasses people had left behind. Yes, it's true. But one wash in the dish washer and we won't care someone else's spit was on them. After all, it's like five bucks for one of those suckers! I like the way they are printed, but they are tall and skinny. Two seasons ago they were short and fatter. Much more room for liquid. I liked that because I didn't make as many trips for refills in my kitchen as with the skinny ones.
I think I am going to try to get to sleep now.
By the By, I'm still in love with Peggle Nights.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment