Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not A Thing Done...

So this weekend was a waste. Sunday morning I woke up the victim of food poisoning. No, we can't figure out what caused it, but it was dreadful. The worst part was the nausea. Of all things, I cannot handle that well at all. What to do when your eyes hurt from screens and your ears hurt from televisions? Read, of course! And I got three books read this weekend (one each night!). I'm going to make individual posts for each one. Cause I'm like that, yo.

The third book this year I read was Out of Sync by Lance Bass. Yes, I was a fangirl from the start. And I admit, the one thing I was disappointed in after reading this was Lance did not admit any plans to release his own solo album. All these years... That aside, this book was a great read especially for N Sync lovers.

One thing I liked was I knew a lot of it. That meant I did not absorb a lot of bad information from the media about the band, especially regarding Lance. As my sister said, it was before a lot of false information flooded the internet.

I don't care that he's gay. Even when I was "like, in love with him!" in high school, I knew I had no chance in hell to meet him and even if I did, I wasn't the type to be singled out by anyone. I loved his voice. I would make people shush during his part in "Everything I Own" and I would strain my ears in all other songs to hear his voice. It was because of him I have my love for bass singers.

Lance lived an amazing life, doing a lot of things most people won't even get the chance to choose one thing of to do. And he's kept his head on his shoulder's while doing it. I do think this is in part to his sexuality. Trying to keep that a secret and the screaming girls not going to his head kept him grounded. It was a quick read for me, but it's one I recommend to fangirls, even of The Backstreet Boys.

And yes, Lance, I'm still waiting for that CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment