Perfect Chemistry was written by Simone Elkeles. It is about a rich white girl who partners with a poor mexican gang banger for a class. I cannot say enough about what a good writer Elkeles is. The plot was awesome and there was a very good lesson to learn in the book. Her writing flowed and this book was hard to put down (I'm not sure if I did at all).I've read three books by Elkeles (two of which I will get to later) and I highly recommend her and in fact, I have. My sister has also lent her books out to other friends. Elkeles takes delicate topics and dives right in. This one could easily be a controversial topic, but she handles them with style and grace.
What I liked what this could have taken place when I was in high school. With the massive gang problems in my town, I was able to relate this book to my life and found a lot of similarities. I also liked that nothing was perfect. Elkeles addressed the problems of both the rich and poor, and of the different races. She also showed how they embraced the things they learned about themselves and how they were accepting of change. This is a book that would be hard to not like.
You should post all your reviews on GoodReads!
ReplyDelete