
I very much enjoyed this book (and subsequently, the series). "I, Freddy" by Dietlof Reich is about a hamster who has more drive and dreams than his fellow hamsters. He eventually finds a way to communicate with a human-via computer. I know it's completely off the wall that a hamster would write in the first place, but I like that he couldn't TALK. Because I just cannot find a talking animal (unless it's a parrot or one that can talk like that) believable- they physically don't have the vocal cords. To me, it's more believable that they have the brains to figure this out (I swear my fifteen year old chihuahua-terrier could completely understand English when she crossed the rainbow bridge last September...all I had to do was speak to her like a person, no pointing, and she could do it or go to it).
I thought it was neat that this was from a hamster's perspective, and that the hamster could communicate with other animals. I think the writing is excellent and the story drew me in. Granted I was sick and read all five in two days, but it was very enjoyable and I recommend it to children and animal lovers.
No comments:
Post a Comment